Thursday, June 19, 2008

Golf Lesson #1 of the Season

OK, so I finally made time to schedule my first golf lesson of the season. I usually take a series of 4-5 lessons each summer to head off any new bad habits and to work on my technique. My boyfriend got me a package of lessons last fall for my birthday and I'm just now getting around to using them. They are with a different pro this year and so far I am very happy with his choice. They are with the Linc Golf & Wellness Center here at the Overland Golf Course in Denver. My LPGA instructor is Kathleen Heiney and she is great. All of my previous lessons have been with male instructors, so this is a completely different experience. While they showed me what I should be doing, Kathleen showed me HOW to do what I should be doing. For the first lesson, she mainly worked with adjusting my grip, posture, and some tweaks to my swing. It is amazing how just a few small changes can make such great improvements! The main thing she stressed was to RELAX. That is something I've always struggled with - relaxing on the golf course. I always feel rushed or stressed because people are watching me or waiting for me. Those few times where the golf course isn't crowded and I'm playing only with people I know, I play so much better than usual. Duh!

Stay tuned for lesson 2!

Jen

Pink Golf Tees

Your source for Ladies Golf Apparel, Ladies Golf Bags, Ladies Golf Shoes, Ladies Golf Shirts, Ladies Golf Gifts and more!

No comments: