Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wee Bites Malaysian Treats in Denver

White this blog is dedicated to ladies golf trends and news, I sometimes like to write on notible happenings that are non-golf. I spent 4 years of my childhood living in Indonesia and absolutely loved every moment of it. I especially loved the food, but have not had most of my favorites since I left there 20 years ago. I went to the Cherry Creek farmers market today in search of peaches, but found something way better! I happened to find the booth for Wee Bites. What caught my attention is that I immediately recognized one of my all time favorite Indonesian desserts at their booth. On closer inspection, they actually had several items that I recognized. Though the Wee Bites owner, Karen, is from Malaysia, most of their cuisine is essentiall the same as the Indonesian cuisine I love. My favorite is their Kuih Lapis (we called them Belapis). I bought a half dozen (plus one to sample when I first saw the booth). I think there is 1 left in the fridge... I could eat these every day! So, if you are in the Denver area and like southeast asian/Malaysian/Indonesian cuisine, I highly recommend Wee Bites! Their menu offers a nice selection of both savery and sweet treats. They also offer cattering! Be sure to check them out!

-Jen

Pink Golf Tees

Your source for Ladies Golf Apparel, Ladies Golf Bags, Ladies Golf Shoes, Ladies Golf Shirts, Ladies Golf Gifts and more!

No comments: