Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Survived My First Half Marathon


On Saturday I ran my first half marathon. It was part of the Zooma women's race series and was a very well organized event. But, I can't say running it was the most enjoyable experience. The course was said to be "very challenging" and they sure weren't kidding or exaggerating. If anything, they were conservative in their description! Race day was also one of the hottest days we've had so far this summer. The main thing is that I finished the race!

My friend, Michelle, ran the race with me and we both wore our Born Fit outfits - blue BornFit running skort and matching Rudy tank top. These running skirts are SO comfortable, even for 13+ miles and lots of heat. The undershorts don't ride up or bunch and the wrap style of the Wilder skort is very breathable.

While I'm still sore from the race on Saturday, I'm already looking ahead to my next race! Hopefully a less challenging one this time, though.

- Jen

Pink Golf Tees

Your source for Ladies Golf Apparel, Womens Golf Bags, Ladies Golf Shoes, Ladies Golf Shirts, Pink Golf Gifts and more!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

1 comment:

Mr Puttle said...

Congratulations on your half marathon finish! Well done. Halves are a great distance to race because at the end you know you've put tremendous effort into running 13.1 but couldn't imagine turning around and running it again (which is, of course, what the marathon is all about). Typically, the next day you're sore, but you can still walk, (unlike most marathoners. I should know, I worked with a bunch of marathoners earlier in my career, but would never succumb to their challenges. I did a few halves and don't feel that I've missed out not running a marathon).