Sure we all know that the sun is bad for our skin. But what are you actually doing to protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays? A sunburn can develop on a fair skinned person, such as myself, within only 15 minutes. Even what is considered to be a "healthy tan" is actually damaged skin. The sun is the primary cause of environmental aging. Every time you expose your unprotected skin to the sun, your skin ages.
I admit that I don't always apply sun screen when I should, especially when I play golf. Here are some easy products that will help you protect your skin and keep you looking cute, even if you forget the sunscreen for your next golf round.
Iconic Sport UPF 50+ protective ladies golf apparel. All of the Iconic fabrics offer UPF 40-50+ protection, so your skin is protected even under your golf clothes.
Madcapz ladies golf visors and caps. Even if you wear a lotion with sunscreen, give your face some extra protection with a stylish golf hat or visor.
Ballmania lip balm in a golf ball shape case with SPF 20 protection.
Iconic Sunsleeves. Protect your arms with these UPF 50+ sun sleeves. Lightweight and breathable so you'll stay cool even on those hot days. Available in 4 stylish colors: white, black, pink and blue.
Here are some statistics about skin cancer I found interesting:
- The sun's UV rays are responsible for more than 90 percent of all skin cancers.
- More than 700,000 Americans will develop skin cancer this year and it is increasing faster than any other cancer in the US and worldwide.
- 40-50 percent of Americans who live to age 65 will have skin cancer at least once.
- One quarter of Americans diagnosed with skin cancer are age 39 and under.
- Researchers believe that if SPF 15 is used during the first 18 years of life, skin cancer can be reduced by 78 percent.
Pink Golf Tees
Your source for Ladies Golf Apparel, Womens Golf Bags, Ladies Golf Shoes, Ladies Golf Shirts, Pink Golf Gifts and more!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!