Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cute Activewear for Summer - My First Half Marathon Training

I want to start by saying that I am not a runner. I have tried to be a runner at several times in my life and it just didn't work out. But, I started running this spring with our dog, Abbey, because she was acting very bored and in need of some additional activity. We started out doing a mile at a time (around the park by our house) and gradually worked up to around 2.5 miles. Being the goal oriented person that I am, I thought it would be "fun" to have something specific to train for. So, as a shock to most people who know me, I signed up for my first half marathon. It's less than 7 weeks away, but I have a good training schedule and feel that it won't be too bad (famous last words!). I'm actually enjoying most parts of the training so far.

Now that I'm running 4 days a week, I had to stock up on some nice active wear. I was super excited when my package from BornFit arrived in the mail last week. I have some other items from them, but nothing for warm weather running. I ordered the Wilder Skort in Passion Pink and the matching Rudy Tank in White with Passion Pink Print. Such a cute outfit! The tank top fits great for running - it is super lightweight and wicking, so you feel cool even on the warmer days. And it is a longer length, so it doesn't ride up like some of my other running tops. The skort is a good length for me and it stays put while I'm running. The wrap around style is really nice because it allows plenty of room for movement and keeps you a little cooler than a regular running skort. I love this outfit so much that I just ordered it in blue. (=

So, if you're looking for some really nice workout wear this summer, whether it be for running, biking, hiking or yoga, check out the collection by BornFit. They also offer maternity activewear in the same styles.

- Jen

Pink Golf Tees

Your source for Ladies Golf Apparel, Womens Golf Bags, Ladies Golf Shoes, Ladies Golf Shirts, Pink Golf Gifts and more!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments: