Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hybrid Golf Club Testing - Part 2


A few weeks ago, I set out on a golf game changing quest to find the perfect hybrid golf clubs. Based on customer suggestions, I tested 2 new hybrid golf clubs on the driving range: the Cobra Lady Baffler (29 degree - 5h) and the Callaway Lady FT Fusion (20 degree - 3h). The third hybrid club that I just tested is the Sweet Spot Think Pink (22 degree - 4h). It arrived on Monday and I didn't have a chance to test it out on the range before my round of golf on Tuesday. The goal is to test them on both the driving range and during an actual round.

I used the Cobra Baffler several times throughout the day and it performed beautifully! It felt effortless to swing and the ball easily went 150-160 yards with each hit. There were no bad hits with this club, which I found amazing! I can't even remember how many times I uttered the phrase "I love this club!".

I still have not been able to hit the Callaway more than 120 yards, which is very disappointing. It came highly recommended, but obviously I am not doing something correctly. It seem to be a very difficult club to hit compared to that others that I've tried. It will not be a club that I keep in my bag.

I decided to try out the Sweet Spot club, even though I hadn't previously tested it. The first couple of attempts didn't go so well. It is weighted completely different from the Cobra and took some getting used to. I did get a couple fantastic hits from it with approx. 140-150 yards of distance. For a new club, this was great for me. I do love the grip on this club! It is way better than the standard grip I've seen on any other club. Very cushy, but grippy at the same time. I have a feeling that after spending some time on the driving range, that I will really enjoy this club!

At the end of the day, though, the Cobra was the clear favorite. It is probably the easiest club I have ever hit. My boyfriend grabbed it from my bag and tried it a couple of times, which is funny since it was way too short for him. Surprisingly, he still hit a solid 180 yards with it on the first try!

More to follow on the driving range practice with the Sweet Spot Think Pink ladies hybrid club.

-Jen

Pink Golf Tees

Your source for Ladies Golf Apparel, Ladies Golf Bags, Ladies Golf Shoes, Ladies Golf Shirts, Ladies Golf Gifts and more!

No comments: